Hello friends, today is all about Facebook security, how to secure your Facebook account from hackers . We are happy to have you back to our blog today, we are always working so hard to ensure we continue to update you with the most useful and beneficial information on technology. This is why we are here, and I believe this is what you really want. My name is Callistus Onyewuchi, you may call me your tech guider…. cheers!
How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers
Over the years, a lot of people would contact me from time to time to complain of their Facebook, Gmail or other accounts being hacked and to plead if there is a way I could help them recover it. In most cases, I gave them a survey to fill out so that I could trace how the attacker was able to penetrate their account security, the responses I got from them sometimes helped me succeed in recovering their accounts. Hence, these surveys have given me a lot of experiences on tricks that hackers play to hijack people’s Facebook accounts. Hence, I have every reason to write on how to secure your Facebook account from hackers
At this time, we all know that Facebook has been the most famous social network in the world since its invention, all respect to Mark Zuckerberg for his consistency and hard work on this great platform. Today, Facebook is not just a social network, but an ecosystem for businesses, entertainment and all sorts of activities, this has indeed added more glory to this honourable digital community, and this is more reason you should learn how to secure your Facebook account from hackers.
Each unique Facebook user has his own purpose on the platform… Some for business, some for fun, while others are just there to reconnect with old friends, make new friends too. It doesn’t matter what your mission or intentions are on Facebook, every Facebook user is very relevant and important in the community, so is your account. Hence, there is every reason to know how to secure your Facebook account from hackers, there is every need to ensure your Facebook account security no matter what you are using it for.
In this article, I am going to guide you through different ways on how to secure your Facebook account from hackers. But firstly, I will suggest different reasons why hackers are so interested in your account.
Just read on below.
How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers [ 11 Ways ].
Sometimes, you may wonder how hackers get your personal information like date of birth, phone number, etc? Yes, you are right to wonder that. But I will tell you, it is through forms you fill online. Examples are online recruitment forms and Google documents, some of them are not real, some of them are just intended for Phishing! Are you wondering what phishing is? It is a way hackers deceive you to voluntarily send them your information through online forms. So, I am going to explain how to secure your Facebook account from hackers in case you had fallen victim of phishing unknowingly.
Possible reasons hackers are so interested in your account:
1. To impersonate you and defraud your Facebook friends and relatives by convincing them to believe you’re the one contacting them.
2. To blackmail you.
3. To use your account for promotion ( This applies mostly if you have a lot of active followers)
4. To gather personal information about you and your relatives, etc.
It doesn’t matter what the hacker wants your account for, you should not let him get it.
Follow the below steps to secure your Facebook account From Hackers.
Below are guidelines on How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers [ 11 Ways ].
1. Ensure to use very strong passwords that are not easily traceable. You should use a combination of words that do not exist in the dictionary, capital letters, special characters and numbers. combine these three groups, nobody can easily trace your password. Examples of strong passwords to be used include: ahsupa¥melongt!05, hawtpazzaGT&6, 3etniqPaAcha&, etc. But you should combine them in a way you can easily remember, this is a great step on how to secure your Facebook account from hackers.
2. Never use your date of birth as password or pin, people can easily trace it. Remember that you must have filled your date of birth during applications and other places, so it is no longer secure as a lot of people no know it.
3. Never share your password with anyone no matter how much you trust them. It could be your spouse, brother, sister, best friend, father, mother or any other person. these people might not have intentions to hack your accounts, but they may unknowingly expose them to harmful people… so, your password is safer with you alone.
4. Never login to your profile using another person’s phone or personal computers. Some people install keyloggers to automatically save your passwords in their phone or personal computer in plain text whenever you type them in, they will go back later and retrieve them without your consent.
5. You should not share your personal phone or computer with people, it is your personal belonging. If you must, you should create another user account for guests especially on your personal computer since most operating systems support multi-user accounts.
6. Do not expose your password while typing them even on your own gadgets. Yes, check if anybody is looking at your screen from behind before your input your password, this way, you should know when to change your position before typing your password.
7. You should add recovery email and phone numbers on your account and then, enable notifications. You should also enable “two-factor authentication“. This is a very important step as regards to how to secure your Facebook account from hackers.
8. You should enable the Trusted Contacts feature on Facebook so that you can easily recover your account by contacting the trusted friends to send you codes that Facebook will send to them during recovery. You can learn how to activate The Trusted Contacts Here
9. You should enable Facebook Two Factor Authentication so that whenever someone tries to login to your account from a browser that is not recognized by Facebook, you will be sent an authentication pin to confirm or decline the login attempt. This is a very good security feature, this is a key to how to secure your Facebook account from hackers, you can learn how to activate it here.
10. Do not click on any unfamiliar link or video sent to you. Also, do not accept friend request from people you do not know, you should also be careful with the kind of information you share on your timeline.
11. Do not use the same password on different platforms. Always use a different password for different accounts. Once anyone finds out the password your are using, all your accounts are jeopardized.
N/B 1: Pay close attention to this last information: Whenever someone calls you to request for an authentication pin that was mistakenly send to your phone, please ignore them. Once you send them that pin, your account is gone. You should always try to verify every information you get from anybody before you go ahead to process them.
N/B 2: These hackers attack people mostly at night or very early in the morning, around 4am to 6am. This is because by this time, your brain is still fresh as you woke up from sleep, you will not be able to reason things faster. Hence, you are prone to unconsciously send them any information they ask from you when they call or chat you. To this effect, be careful with any call you receive during early morning hours!
With the above explanations, guides and suggestions here at calnetguide.com on how to secure your Facebook account from hackers, I believe you have learnt how to safeguard yourself from being a victim of Facebook account hacking. Kindly follow my tips on how to secure your facebook account from hackers and you will enjoy a safe Facebook experience.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post, bravo on your security consciousness! Kindly use the below share buttons to share this information with other people.