I’m glad to have you on board at calnetguide.com, you are so welcome. This article is going to be about comparison on Windows 10 Versus Windows 7. In am going to write about the similarities and differences between Windows 10 Versus Windows 7, which give you better understanding of the both, giving you the knowledge do decide on which one you should stick to, or which one you should make your favorite.
In comparing systems, the main objective is to discover the differences between them, their similarities, the differences in their advantages and disadvantages, the differences in their features and functionalities, and other things, this is exactly what we are trying to achieve while comparing Windows 10 Versus Windows 7.
The comparison between Windows 10 Versus Windows 7 could be in terms of technicalities, layout, interface, graphics, loading speed, hardware synchronization, other software support, drivers match, system update, user friendliness, usability and other things too.
Irrespective of the aspects in mind, making a review on Windows 10 Versus Windows 7 is of great importance as this will help new users that are not familiar with these operating systems to decide which one will be easier for them to use.
Before I proceed with the review on Windows 10 Versus Windows 7, there is something I must let you know. For several years now, I have been using different computers and gadgets, I have really tried a lot of them and always try as much as I could to stay up to date with any new operating system.
This is to say that I have used different versions of the windows operating system ranging from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and currently Windows 10. I have tried all these different operating systems, including the mobile versions too, and I have really learnt a lot about them.
So, here, I am writing this review on Windows 10 Versus Windows 7 from my experiences during the time of using these different operating systems. It is based on my knowledge on them and what I think about them… Hence, I’m sharing my personal knowledge here.
Windows 10 Versus Windows 7
I will go ahead now to answer different questions I feel you might want to ask.
Firstly, Out of all these versions of the Windows operating system that I have used, which of them do I like most? Which of them are my favorites?
I will be concise in my answer.
I choose windows 7 and windows 10 over every other versions of the windows operating system. Could this possibly be my inspiration writing this review on Windows 10 Versus Windows 7? Maybe.
Oh! You want me to be specific in my answer? You want me to say exactly which one of them? Anyways, I will be specific.
My choice has always been Windows 7, I have always preferred it to others, I have been using it for several years even after the release of other versions of the Windows operating system such as Windows 8 and 8.1. And now, Windows 10 came out to look somehow like Windows 7… So, I am so sorry, I can’t choose just one, I love to use the both of them…. Yes, I love both Windows 7 and Windows 10… Smiles!
Read Also: Windows 10 Minimum Requirements
The actual message I am trying to pass before I proceed with the review on Windows 10 Versus Windows 7 is that other versions of the operating system are out of the line for me, I can only think of Windows 7 and Windows 10…. these are my two, yes, the best for me.
Why do I prefer Windows 10 and Windows 7 to others?
The answer is as simple as the fact that they are simple to use, yes! User friendliness and simplicity.
So, I chose these two over others because they are user friendly and simple.
Do you want to know if I have used Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 before?
Okay, yes. I have used both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, I later uninstalled then and switched back to Windows 7, this was before the release of Windows 10. Funny right? It is just about choice…. Winks!
How long did I use Windows 8 and 8.1?
Not too long at all.
How long have I been using Windows 7?
Very long. Yes, I have been using Windows 7 over the years. If I am asked to rate my use of Windows 7 in percentage to other versions of the Windows operating system since I started using computers, my rate would be 90% windows 7, and then, 10% others, including Windows 10. Do you now understand the feelings?
Well, I hope to make excessive use of Windows 10 too since I love it as much as I do for Windows 7.
At this juncture, I will proceed with the actual review on Windows 10 Versus Windows 7, stating their similarities, differences, Union and intersection of their features…. I hope you understand what I mean by union and intersection? Yes that is a concept in mathematics, precisely on the topic, “Set”.
Similarities between Windows 10 Versus Windows 7
1. Fast Booting : Both Windows 10 Versus Windows 7 are very fast in loading, yes. Provided your computer meets the minimum requirements, your system will boot faster with both Windows 7 and Windows 10. Although Windows 10 might be a bit more faster since it has been optimized more as a new operating system.
2. Similar Start Menu : Both Windows 10 Versus Windows 7 posses similar start menu which is position by the extreme left hand side of the taskbar by default. This makes it easier to access installed programs and other files unlike other versions of the Windows operating system.
3. Task Bar : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 posses similar task bar with is found at the bottom of the desktop by default, although its position could be changed to any other place. The taskbar in both Windows 10 and Windows 7 contain the Start button, Internet explorer and Windows explorer which is permanently pinned to it by default. It contains a section for retrieval of open files or programs, and then, a notification area.
4. Custom Themes : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 have options for users to install and use custom 3rd party Themes on them to fit the users desire.
5. Security : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 have high security features which helps secure the users’ data.
6. Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 support various kinds of network connection, ranging from LAN, Wireless network, and ad-hoc connection, etc.
7. Drivers : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 support the installation of different drivers from different manufacturers which help other hardware to work.
8. Simple User Interface : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 feature a simple user interface that makes it easier for users to interact with their computers. This means that both are very user friendly.
8. Multi-user accounts : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 support multi user accounts, which includes the administrative account, guest account and other account types.
9. Update : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 receive regular updates which enables them function effectively and at a well secured state.
10. Restore Point : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 has an option to create a restore Point once you are making new installations. This will help you revert back to the previous state in case anything goes wrong.
11. Safe Mode : Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 permits booting I safe mode in case you wish to bypass any error that is stopping the computer from booting effectively. Safe mode will help you troubleshoot and fix the error before you proceed to boot your computer normally.
12. Both Windows 10 and Windows 7 support multi tasking.
There are many other similarities too, but I will stop here and go over to the differences.
Differences between Windows 10 Versus Windows 7.
Below are several differences between Windows 10 Versus Windows 7.
1. In addition to other contents of the taskbar, Windows 10 has the search box pinned to its taskbar, this will make it easier to search for items. It also has the app store and task view buttons pinned to the task bar. But In Windows 7, the app store and task view are not seen on the taskbar, also, the search box is not pinned to the taskbar on Windows 7, it is only seen when you click the start button.
2. In Windows 10, one can easily switch to dark mode as it is there by default. But in Windows 7, you need a 3rd party theme to enable dark mode.
3. In Windows 7, you can easily display gadgets (Large calendar cards, Clock, etc) on the desktop as this is one of the features present in Windows 7 by default. But these features are not seen in Windows 10.
4. Windows 10 has more improved multi tasking that Windows 7.
5. Windows 10 supports Xbox app, which makes it easy to play Xbox games on your Windows PC. This is not present in Windows 7.
6. Windows 10 contains a unified settings center or control panel in one place from which you can manage all your devices and all settings. But in Windows 7, settings are not managed in one place.
7. Windows 10 contains an advanced action center where you can manage all your notifications, this is not exactly the way it is in Windows 7.
There are indeed many other differences too, but I will drop my pen here.
At this point, I believe you have been able to learn a few things about the similarities and differences between Windows 10 Versus Windows 7.
If there are any other things we did not include here, you may go ahead and tell us using the comment box, we will certainly add this to the list.
Kindly use the below share buttons to share this with others too.